• Hyperlight, perfectly balanced, fully featured tool for alpine climbing and long technical ice routes
• New multi-part head design with four pick options -- the Mixte and Ice picks can be combined with hammer or adze for amazing versatility
• Comes standard with the Ice pick and hammer
• Ergonomic handle with integrated spike and patented adjustment system to change between Dry and Ice angles
• The handle is constructed from extreme cold resistant polymer laid over the hot-forged aluminum alloy spine
• Micro-adjustable trigger finger ledges and X-Rest insert for adjusting the height and size of the handle
• X-Grip 2 included
The X-Dream Alpine is the alpine climbing version of the award-winning X-Dream ice tool. It features the same innovative design and geometry that have made the X-Dream so popular, with the addition of the alpine handle that incorporates a spike designed for use in the cane position and a hammer to provide extra head weight and for pounding pitons and clearing ice. A variety of inserts allow the main grip to be modified both in volume and shape to help climbers craft the perfect grip. The result is a fully optimized tool for technical ice, mixed climbing, and adventurous alpine terrain. The most innovative feature on the X-Dream Alpine remains with the angle-adjustable handle that allows climbers to switch between Dry and Ice positions. Use the Allen bolt above the grip to switch between the two positions. In the Dry position, the handle kicks upward for a more down and out pull. The Ice position drops the handle for a more natural swing on ice. All four picks feature the refined beak and tooth configuration that CASSIN tools are known for. They are designed to provide solid sticks with minimal effort making them the perfect choice for brittle ice and technical mixed terrain. The new multi-part head design allows the same pick to be used alone or with the hammer or adze. The X-Dream Alpine comes standard with the Ice pick and hammer. The Mixte pick shifts the tip 6 mm higher, but maintains the same angle as the Ice pick. The Ice and Mixte picks can be used alone or with the hammer or adze. The Race pick features a sharp beak for grappling with rock. The optional Total Dry pick is designed for maximum performance on overhanging dry tooling routes and in competitions.